Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Oil Cleansing Day 4

I'm not the type to just sort of do things.  In fact if I don't completely invest myself its very unlikely I'll succeed at whatever I'm trying to do.  I can't decide to cut back on sugar, or only exercise a few times a week, or wake up earlier sometimes.  It just doesn't work for me.  I have to stop eating sugar because I only have will power if I never start.  If I don't have a set time every day to exercise I find reasons not too until I stop altogether.  If I allow myself to hit snooze I might as well have never set the alarm.  It gets to the point of not being able to do things I'd normally be able to do if someone else is involved because I'm not in complete control of it.  I should be able to do those things, but its very difficult for me for some reason.  I'm either all in or all out and if I get stuck in between I just sort of get lost and don't know what to do.  

The reason I mention it is because, only a few days in, I'm having a hard time just doing this a few times a week.  I want to jump all the way in and possibly add other things, like more supplements and other oils or treatments that could help.  I want to do anything and everything I can find all at once.  I hate taking it slow.  It went well the first night so why not just do it the next night and maybe rub it into my skin a little longer or maybe even leave it on all night.  I guess this would have made me a bad scientist if I had actually gone that route as planned.  I need to stick to my plan though, and give it some time before I decide to do it more or even add other things.  Two nights of washing my face with oil is not enough to tell if its helpful or harmful.  Adding too many things to the experiment will make it impossible to know which things work.   I did start taking a vitamin A supplement for something else and it could have an affect, but I don't think it will be drastic enough to mess with the results.  

Last night I washed my face with oil again.  I didn't add anything else to it (though that didn't keep me from thinking about what I had that I could add)  I might have spent more time rubbing it in this time, but I'm not sure.  I think I might have to start timing it so I don't go overboard.  When I started wiping it off, it seemed a little too clean and I don't know if it got all my makeup off, but like I said before, mineral makeup so its possible that it could have just worn off more than normal during the day for whatever reason.  I tried to leave the hot towel on my face longer hoping it would dissolve more of the oil and leave less on my skin.  It did, but there was definitely still a residue that didn't seem to want to come off.  I must have gotten more off my neck though because it actually felt a little dry and I had to put a little jojoba oil back on it.  This could also be because my neck the most inflamed part of my skin right now and it might just be extra dry. 

This morning my face was more oily than normal but less oily than the first time, so I either succeeded in getting more of the oil off, or my skin is starting to regulate oil production better (like its suppose too).  Right now, it definitely feels a little oily but, I don't think its more than normal in an afternoon.  My cheeks seem to be the oiliest, and my forehead the least (strangely since bangs usually mean more oil).  The skin that isn't inflamed looks healthier than when I started.  I was breaking out pretty bad so I don't know how much of what's healed is from the new treatment or just the natural healing that would have happened anyway.  However, for the sake of recording it, the white heads have definitely decreased though I still have quite a few on my chin and neck.  Black heads don't really seem to be affected by the oil, or if they are I'm just not noticing.  I mostly only have them on my nose and its not horrible so I guess it might just be hard to tell.  Any inflammation that was there before isn't any worse but doesn't seem any better either...this could be a good thing though, because typically things get way worse before they get better so I would be ok with it just stopping the breakout and letting it heal.  I don't think there's anything new, but its hard to say...

So there you have it.  I'm not going to make any judgements on whether its working or not yet because I've only done it twice.  I think the fact that I'm writing it down in a blog will make it easier for me to stick to my plan, but we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment